DIY Jewerly gift box inserts


A part of running small business is doing your own marketing and branding. I always improve my packaging and try to find the best way to presenting my products to the customer and spend less time on it. I used to use rubber stamp on card stock paper. It works in the past, but it's time consuming and inconsistency.


After redefine my brand and get my logo redo, I think it's time to update my jewelry card display and packaging. Talking about logo, what I did in the past was buying premade logo from graphic designer on Etsy. She did a wonderful job for me, but it said nothing about my products or me. As I refine my line to Simple and minimalist design jewelry, I found a wonderful graphic designer, Sarah Burns Prints She took my requirements and whip up a new sexy logo for me.



So to be more brand consistency, I use my new logo on everything. I have sticker for my jewelry box (soon will do hot foil), display card (that I normally packed with the item) and new business cards. I love the box insert that we got from big brand jewelry store or the fine jewelry store (diamond stores) but more budget friendly for small scale business like me. So, I have to DIY. After many trials and errors, I finally got the right size and make 2 templates for 2 jewelry box sizes.


First box is 3 1/6" x 2 1/8" x 1". I used this for rings, earrings and some necklaces. Here is the 3x2 insert card template.


  

Second box is 3" x 3" x 1". Great size for bracelets, bangles, big stone necklaces and jewelry sets. Here is the 3inch insert card template



 You may need a little knowledge of photo editing. It's simple cut and paste. The file is png with transplant background. If it hard to see you can add a layer of color background and add your logo then take off the background and save the file. I save my file to png. Try on your print, cut the excess along the line, flip to the back and make a crease (make it easy to fold) from corner to corner and fold it. It should fit right in the box with the lip to pull the card out. And how would you use it to display your jewelry is up to you. Punch the 2 holes to display the earrings, cut the corner to hang the necklace for example.

Cut off the excess and fold



A4 size card stock paper





You can also copy and paste the final png file (after you're happy with the layout) on to 8x11 inch file size. I lay them out and got 4 cards of the 3x2 inserts and 2 cards for 3 inches inserts. Files are free to download, I just love to share will other fellow makers. Hope this will help you works better and take less time packaging your beautiful creations.


5 comments